Friday 3 December 2010

I want to be a student forever

Ok, I don't really want this but I very much enjoy my life right now and the thought of actually having to get a job afterwards is fairly terrifying.

Although it's fairly comforting to know what I want to do when I leave it doesn't change the fact that I realise it could be very hard to get there. So I am preparing myself already...because despite all the fears (losing hair due to stress, hating my job like many other local newspaper journos out there) I am very determined to get there!

Everyone on my course pretty much takes any experience they can get, even if it means writing something you might not usually choose to write about and here is my latest example: http://www.fiftymagazine.com/article/don-t-cry-over-spilt-wine-

I have started writing articles for Fifty Magazine - an online publication aimed at the over 50's, giving advice on all aspects of life. It feels slightly odd to be giving life advice to people who are more than double my age, especially when the thought of even turning twenty makes me want to scream slightly, but I've been giving it my best shot.

This one is an article on the best way to remove red wine stains. It had me on my knees in the kitchen spilling perfectly good wine on to cream carpets and then scrubbing (well more dabbing actually if you read the article) until the stain was as faint as I could get it.

Check the website next month for my advice on how to lose weight after Chistmas.

Hardly a dream come true...but hopefully it will help me on my way to a flourishing career.

No comments:

Post a Comment